Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hello Again

Hi everyone!

I know I have been neglecting my blogging duties for awhile. The end of December and the month of January were a world wind of activities, I swear. Now its February, I am halfway through second term and I can't believe how fast everything is going.

So this term I have moved all my classes to one day a week. Tuesday I go to lectures from 9am to 4pm. It is cool to have it all at once because that means that I get it all out of the way, but it is tiring. I start with Theory, then look at a course on Domestic Governance and the European Union, and then I have a history course on WWII. I can't say I am absolutely in LOVE with my courses this term, but they are interesting enough I suppose and well, I only have 5 more weeks of them.

I am applying for the PhD program on Nationalism here in Edinburgh, but it means I will have to move to Sociology. I am a little worried that the change means I won't be the strongest of candidates, but hey, who knows. They let me in once, the might do it a second time. Plus by their system of grading right now I am considered passing with merit. There are three levels to passing, passing straight, passing with merit and passing with distinction. The course work has been very challenging so far, so I am excited I managed merit for last term. Maybe with the feedback I got on my essays I can work towards distinction.

Well I hate to cut this short but it is the middle of the night. I will post more soon about the rest of the stuff going on in my life.

Miss you all and love you!
Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment