Sunday, October 25, 2009

Time is going by so fast!

I can't believe I am actually typing this, but I am officially done with the first half of the first term here. Five weeks have passed since Fresher's week. I am five weeks away from Christmas break. I have relatively little homework to do in comparison to what I did with my undergraduate degree, but in the place of it, I have far more reading and more technical classes. I am loving every second of it.

Tonight I am working on a 1000 word essay, why does public policy outcomes on the same policy or issue vary between political systems? I know it seems technical, but it boils down to some very simple answers, there are different people, interests, economics and politics in different countries. In other words, policies are different because countries are different. Brilliant huh?

I miss everyone like crazy. I am starting to get very homesick, but I know that it too will pass. I love the people here, I love my friends I have made, my ultra-quiet flatmates, my professors and fellow students. I feel like I belong, even if I also stand out like a sore thumb. I want to go home and see my family and dogs but more than anything, I want to keep learning.

Well I better get back to the essay. I can't just argue my point without having done the reading to back it up.

Night guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment