Sunday, September 6, 2009

Night out and Portland again

So I am sitting here with Daisy on my lap tonight, tired from what seems like a LONG 24 hours. We had our party last night, which was wonderfully fun and full of great things like this:



And this:



And after awhile this:

Yes that is the wonderful and fabulous Jody cutting Jennifer's hair. She and her friend Andrea came late, after everyone else was on their way back to Portland and had a post party party with us. After Jody got Jennifer, C and me all squared away (we wanted to trim a little more off of my hair) we agreed to meet up at a bar called the Lighthouse. Jen and I got ready and went out to Yummy Wine Bar for one more evening of fun before we headed over.

Needless to say, when I walked in no one in the place recognized me! New haircuts and makeup are fun things sometimes. Well we had a glass of wine and talked to Yummy's great staff and owner Corey and then headed out.

The Light House bar is nestled between the towns of Manzanita and Nehalem and during the day it serves a full menu. At night they normally have a small crowd and karaoke- however last night was an end of summer dance party. It was CRAZY! I decided I was finally done when a guy grabbed my butt coming back from the bathroom. I just barely kept from punching him. Boy can I tell you how glad I was that I was wearing jeans and not a little skirt last night.


So this morning I got up and my mom was making waffles. YUM! After we were done, she and I got dressed and headed into Portland for more of that girlie bonding time we like to do. We went to the nail salon, over to Chico's and to Old Navy. When we got to Target over on 185th in Tanasbourne we realized that Labor Day weekend is a BAD weekend to be shopping. We had a great time though and were very glad when we got back home.

As you might have guessed from the photos, I have figured out a way to make my camera and my computer talk. This means more, lots more, photos when I go overseas in a few days. YAY!

Three days and 12 hours to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment